27 Jan Cosmic Cookies
This cookie recipe was introduced to my by Casey over at Worthy and Well on her amazing yoga retreat! Originally from Planet Organic, I’ve modified the recipe a bit, and they are my favourite cookies! Sub the walnuts for extra seeds, if you’re sending them in a nut-free lunch box.
2 1∕4 cups quick oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup sunflower seeds
3∕4 cup chopped walnuts
1∕2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1∕4 cup ground flax seed
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 1∕4 teaspoons sea salt
1 3∕4 cups dark chocolate chips
1 1∕4 cups raisins
1∕4 cup water
1∕4 cup blackstrap molasses
3∕4 cup canola oil
1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking trays with parchment paper or silipads.
- Combine dry ingredients : from oats to raisins.
- Combine wet ingredients: from water to milk.
- Stir dry and wet together until just combined.
- Portion cookie dough into desired size and gently flatten.
- Bake for 24 minutes (will depend on size of cookie) or until lightly browned.