Healthy Lunch Recipe: Quinoa Bocconcini Salad
Quinoa Bocconcini Salad
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup zucchini diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas thawed
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup orange or yellow bell pepper diced
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped (or 2 tsp diced)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mini bocconcini cheese
- Cook Quinoa: Rinse quinoa in a strainer. Bring to a boil with the water in a saucepan. Cover and reduce heat to simmer, cooking for 10 more minutes. Turn heat off and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Mix together zucchini, tomato, red onion, peas, red and yellow peppers in a large bowl.
- Mix dressing: whisk vinegar, olive oil, mustard, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over veggies. Add quinoa and bocconcini and mix.
Founder of First Step Nutrition | Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
Jen believes raising happy, well-nourished eaters who have a healthy relationship with food doesn't have to be a battle! She is an author and speaker with 18 years of experience specializing in family nutrition and helps parents teach their kids to try new foods without yelling, tricking, or bribing.