Easy Airfryer Pizza Rolls for School Lunches
Batch, cook, and freeze these airfyer pizza rolls. They make the perfect school lunch when you’re out of sandwich ingredients!
It’s 7:50 am, and you need to get the kids out of the door in time to catch the school bus in 10 minutes. And you still have to make lunches- ack! You’re out of deli meat for sandwiches. Out of tuna. Can’t send peanut butter……airfyer pizza rolls from the freezer to the rescue!
I use my air fryer multiple times a week, it’s been a great investment. The airfryer crisps up fish sticks or cauliflower wings and doesn’t take half an hour to get up to heat like my oven. But if you don’t have an airfyer, you can always bake these pizza rolls in the oven.
Ingredients for these pizza rolls are totally flexible. Do your kids like veggies on their pizza? Throw in extras!
Just plain pizza sauce and cheese? Delicious
I make my pizza dough in my bread maker with half whole wheat flour. But some grocery stores will sell pre-made fresh pizza dough too.
School Lunches Beyond the Sandwich
Here’s a Facebook Live I did, sharing other ideas for school lunches beyond the sandwich. To summarize:
1) Leftovers; a big batch of chilli, soup or stew. Pour boiling water into a thermos while you microwave the food to keep the thermos hot during the day. Pasta salad or leftover pizza is great cold leftovers.
2) Bento-style lunch: include a carb like crackers, breadsticks, dried cereal, or pretzels. + a protein like turkey bites, cheese, edamame, roasted chickpeas, hummus, boiled eggs or deli meat. And a fruit and/or veggie.
3) Pre-made frozen muffins, frittatas made in muffin cups, the pizza roll recipe below…..or this isn’t beyond the sandwich, but did you know you can freeze sandwiches?! Leave the veggies off as they’ll get soggy but mayo, deli meat and cheese freeze fine between bread!
Thank you to that magic air fryer and freezer for saving mom’s morning sanity! Want some more free recipes to make your meal planning easy? Grab your free 7-day family meal plan here.
Air-fryer Pizza Rolls
- 1 Airfryer
- Fresh Pizza dough from the store, or I make mine in the bread maker
- 1.5 cups Pizza sauce
- 1 cup Steamed or stir-fried mixed veggies optional – but easy if you have leftovers!
- 100 g Favourite deli meat: salami, soy pepperoni, ham optional
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- Roll pizza dough into two large rectangles.
- If using vegetables, blend together the pizza sauce and veggies in a food processor.
- Spread the pizza sauce/veggie mix onto each of the pizza crusts, leaving about an inch of dough plain around the edges.
- Top with your desired meat and cheese.
- Roll up as tight the dough triangles as you can, into a large log shape.
- Cut the rolls into 1-2 inch slices.
- Air-fry at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes, depdning on your machine
- Cool and freeze.
- Pull from the freezer when packing school lunches, and they will be defrosted in time to eat!