Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies – Great Lunchbox Snack!
Thanks for Ashlee from Indulgence at Home Personal Chef for this recipe! Great for the lunch box.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Chickpeas
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
These cookies contain added protein and fibre from the chickpeas. But you would never know it from the delicious taste!
- stand mixer
- 1 15oz can chickpeas or 1.5 cups cooked
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts of choice optional
- 3/4 cup raisins optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, beat sugar and butter or coconut oil until smooth.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and chickpeas. Mix to your liking for the chickpea consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix together: flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix on low speed until a thick dough forms.
- Add the chocolate chips, and other optional ingredients.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets leaving some space between each cookie.
- Using a fork, or the palm of your hand, gently flatten the tops of each dough ball.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown. Do NOT overbake.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool