Chia Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
This Chocolate Chip Chia Banana muffin is one of my favourite muffin recipes! I keep a stock in the freezer for easy snacks for my kids and to throw into school lunches.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 12-cup muffin tin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 mashed ripe bananas about 1 cup
- 6 tbsp tbsp ground chia seed
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare two small 12 cup muffin trays.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chia seeds and water, to let the chia soak.
- In a large bowl, mix together the two flours, salt and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a separate bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add mashed bananas and vanilla to the moist mixture.
- Add the chia (or flax) to the mixture and blend with a mixer.
- Add the moist mixture to the dry mixture all at once. Stir until batter is moist but still lumpy.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake for 25 mins.