28 Sep Easy Last-Minute Dinner Recipe
Despite our best intentions in the kitchen, we all have those nights where we run out of time (or energy!) to put 30-60 minutes into making dinner. Or maybe you just got home from the school run, and have 20 minutes to get out the door to hockey practice. That dinnertime rush is a daily struggle, right?!
Today I’m sharing an easy meal that’s on the table in table in 10 minutes, with ingredients you likely have on hand. And it’s totally flexible, so doesn’t really require a recipe, but here’s an outline:
- Grated cheese
- Beans (refried, or black beans mashed)
Optional add-ins: chili powder, garlic powder, leftover chopped meat and/or veggies
Toppings: guacamole or avocado, salsa, sour cream (sometimes I use plain yogurt if I’ve run out!)
- Spread half of each tortilla with refried beans, or slightly mashed black beans.
- Sprinkle with cheese and other desired filling (if any). Fold tortilla in half.
- Fry in a pan on medium heat until browned on both sides, and cheese is melted.
- Slice in wedges, and serve with desired toppings.
I would love to know more about your challenges and how I can help you with meal planning! I would be thankful if you are able to complete my survey here.