16 Jan Avocado Blueberry Mini-Muffins
I love having a stock of muffins in the freezer for school lunches. And these mini-muffins are also the perfect size for little hands. I’ve added a bit of fortified infant cereal to replace some flour for added iron, which is optional. With the extra iron plus the berries & avocado, these are a nutritious snack for you and your little ones!
1.5 cups flour
½ cup fortified infant cereal (or extra flour)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 ripe avocado, peel and pit removed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray or line a mini muffin tin.
- Combine flour, infant cereal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat avocado. Add sugar and beat again. Add egg, vanilla, yogurt and cinnamon and beat until well mixed.
- Add flour mixture into wet mixture until just combined.
- Fold in Blueberries
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for about 13 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 36 mini muffins