Feeding Team (RD/OT) Consultation
If you think your little one has difficulties eating beyond that of normal “picky eater,” we can come to your home for a Feeding Team Consultation. This involves both the dietitian and Occupational Therapist viewing your child eat and providing an assessment and solutions. The RD/OT team will evaluate nutrition, developmental, behavioural, oral motor skills, and sensory sensitivities to determine how each is playing a role in a feeding problem.
Occupational therapy can address concerns regarding eating and swallowing, self-feeding, bottle/breast feeding, oral motor skills and texture progression. Signs that suggest an Occupational Therapist would be helpful:
– pocketing food in cheeks,
– only eating specific textures or temperatures,
– spillage or poor chewing,
– coughing, gagging or change in voice quality,
– history of frequent respiratory illness ,
– bottle/breastfeeding concerns,
– oral aversion,
– inappropriate self-feeding skills for age (i.e. utensil/straw/cup use).
$275.00 for a 60-90 minute feeding assessment in your home with both the RD and OT
$399 for a 60-90 minute feeding assessment in your home with both the RD and OT AND one phone follow-up with each the dietitian and the Occupational Therapist.
Note: check your extended health benefits, as many will reimburse RD and/or OT services.
Still have questions? Please contact us or book a free Discovery call!